- Latest results from images entered by ECC in the the CAPA Club Competitions for Fine Art and Nature.
- New SeasonLook for updates once we start our new season in September.———-
- Latest results from CAPA 2018 Open Theme ‘Club’ Competition submitted March 31.The competition results can be seen in the attached PDF entitled ” 2018-Open-Theme-Club-Final-Competition-Report-1“
- Latest results from CAPA 2018 Open Theme ‘Club’ Competition submitted March 31.Hello fellow ECC Members, the club recently submitted 6 images for the CAPA Open Theme ‘Club’ Competition. The submitted images are seen below:email@example.com>”>We did reasonably well and finished in 9th place with 139.5 points, 2 points behind 8th place and a Honour Merit Award.I want to thank all photographers who participated in this competition; that is, Christine Kobielski, John Markle, Bruce Barton, Theresa Bryson, and Barbara MarszalekThe competition results can be seen in the attached PDF entitled ” 2018-Open-Theme-Club-Final-Competition-Report-1“I must also mention that Barb Marszalek received an HM in the individual portion of the same competition.Congratulations to all on the good effort.Michel GagnonECC CAPA Rep
- Latest results from CAPA Altered Reality Club Competition February 28 submissionsHello fellow ECC Members, the club recently submitted 6 images for the CAPA Altered Reality Club Competition. The submitted images are seen below:firstname.lastname@example.org>”>We did very well and finished in 3rd place with 128.5 points, 1/2 point behind 2nd place and 3 points behind 1st place.I thank all photographers who participated in this competition; that is, Albert Kurtz, Alex Konyukov, Christine Kobielski, Eva Michalak, Theresa Bryson, and myself.The competition results can be seen in the attached PDF entitled “Altered-Reality-Club-Final-Competition-Report-1”Congratulations to us!Michel GagnonECC CAPA Rep
- March 2018 CAPA newsletter
- Latest newsletter from CAPAHello fellow ECC Members, here is the latest newsletter from CAPAI have yet to receive the March News or the results from the Altered Reality Club Competition, where submissions closed on February 28 (I expect results in about 2 weeks).Michel GagnonECC CAPA Rep
- Latest newsletter from CAPA
- CAPA Results for Fine Art Club CompetitonHello all,ECC earned a 7th place in the CAPA Club Competition for Fine Art with 130.5 points where 33 clubs participated. ECC was 1.5 point off a 6th place that earned a HM Ribbon.A big thanks to the ECC members who participated in this competition:The scores were:Christine Kobielski – Into The Light 23.5
Georges Benay – Zen Moment 21.5Theresa Bryson – The Tree 21Robert Walling – Daisies in Takamura Smudge 20.5Shirley Trentowsky – Passion Flower Beauty 20and myself with – Sugar Skull 24Attached are the 2017 CAPA Fine Art ‘Club’ Competition – Final Report and the submitted images.Thanks and congratulations for a great team effort.Michel GagnonECC CAPA Rep.
- CAPA Letter of CongratulationsHello all,Here is our proudly earned Letter of Congratulations from the latest CAPA Nature Club Competition where ECC secured a 5th place with 147.5 points.A big thanks to the ECC members who participated in this competition:Barb MarszalekJocelyn UbaldinoJune WestLarry McCarthyRobert Wallingand myself.Michel GagnonECC CAPA Rep.
- Competition Winners – 2017 Nature – ClubHello fellow members. The results are in for the CAPA Nature Club competition and ECC did well with an Honourable Mention with 5th place finish. See https://capacanada.ca/competition-winners-2017-nature-club/or attached file
- Southern Alberta 12-year-old starring in photography
- Latest newsletter from CAPA
- Winter: Altered Reality, Portraiture and Wildlife Competition ResultsHello fellow ECC Members. ECC had fairly good success in the three CAPA 2017 Winter-Spring Club competitions where we competed, which took place in February and March.ECC submitted images in the following with our final standing shown:
Scoring details for the Altered Reality Club Competition are as per below:ImagesScoresNelsona Dundas – Forest Royalty20Michel Gagnon – Picasso Prism21Christine Kobielski – Blooming19.5Albert Kurtz – Time And Tide Waits For No Man19.5Judy Preston – Gobal Warming20Lucky Welegedra – Storm22TOTAL122Our HM Ribbon:The competing images can be seen below:As for the Portrait and Wildlife Competitions, see the attachments for the scores.A big thanks to all the photographers that agreed to participate in these competitions on behalf of ECC.Another good year of CAPA competitions from ECC.Thanks again to all.Michel GagnonECC CAPA Representative
- Altered Reality Club Competition: Honourable Mention Ribbon – 5th place of 16 with 122 points.
- Portrait Club Competition: placed 8th of 22 (No ribbon) with 125.5 points
- Wildlife Club Competition: placed 9th of 19 (No ribbon) with 135.5 points.
- Fall Nature and Fine Art Club Competition ResultsHello fellow ECC Members. ECC was very successful in the Fall Club competitions, which tool place on October 30. In the Fine Art Competitions, ECC finished 3rd. The participants scores were as follows:Bronze Medal Winner – Etobicoke Camera Club – Fall Fine Art Club Competition ResultsPhotographers & ImagesScoresTheresa Bryson – From My Garden20.5Caroyln Francis-Scobie – Diaphanous23Michel Gagnon – The X-Factor21.5Judy Griffin – Wild Horse24David Hobbs – Bird Watching22Bruce Lewis – Swan In Flight22TOTAL133
The detailed report can be seen in the attachment.As for the Fall Nature Club Competition Results, ECC finished 7th out of 26, missing a Honourable Mention Ribbon for 6th place by 1 point. The scores were as follows:Roger LeekamBathtime24GeorgesBenayOsprey witrh a Catch22Kent WilsonEgyptian Goose Gosling22John MarkleBald Eagle21Larry McCarthyRed-Bellied Woodpecker21Lucky WelegedraGiraffe Herd21SUM131The detailed report can be seen in the attachment. More to follow in another post.Thank you.Michel GagnonECC CAPA Representative
- CAPA websiteCAPA stands for Canadian Association for Photographic Art