(TIP! Click the BLUE box above to scroll through this and ALL my past messages!)
We have lined up another terrific year of weekly activities running from September to May 2018. Guests are always welcome to come out and enjoy our Monday evenings on a wide variety of events that will appeal to both new and experienced photographers.
Our full PDF 2017-18 Program Schedule is available using the web link to the right of this message. And the CALENDAR link displays much the same information (or soon will) with occasional last minute updates. (If you use an online calendar you may be able to have this Google calendar feed into your personal online web calendar)
1. Our first Sept 11 guest presenter will be pro-photographer Peter Baumgarten who will speak on “Astro Photography – Photographing the Night Sky”. Having previewed his website, I know we will be seeing some phenomenal time-lapse images of stars and Northern Light displays. Don’t miss this great show! (Note that a $5 guest fee applies for non-members for those evenings when we have a paid guest speaker. This can be applied towards our annual $80 membership fee if you join our club that evening)
2. Our schedule shows that we have some great weekend field trip Outings planned throughout the year. There may also be some extra ad-hoc ones from time to time. These are a terrific opportunity for guests and new members to learn more about our club and get some hands-on help from members on camera settings and techniques.
3. For new and returning members, please check and download our Membership Registration Form available on our website. Complete the form with CLEAR PRINTING and bring to our member registry desks along with a cheque.
4. Once registered you will enjoy all club membership benefits including the ability to enter our competitions. You will also begin receiving my periodic (almost weekly) President’s Update messages which will inform you of many upcoming or last minute special events competitions and many “newsy” tidbits.
5. Our second “Learning the Ropes” meeting on September 18 is particularly important for NEW MEMBERS to attend. We will cover a whole range of informative topics such as our Competition Rules, Uploading Competition Images and “What Judges are Looking For”
6. I encourage you to keep posted to our various front web page blogs for new and updated posts from our various chairs, especially for last minute outings news.
7. Be sure to take a look our impressive Photo Galley tab on our website where you can see stunning photos of our members including images of our Competition Awards, Social Events and a gallery showing some of our great Outings.
8. Please send an email with our website link www.EtobicokeCameraClub.org to anyone who you feel might be interested in joining our fun and friendly club!
9. Lastly, please feel free to email me at >> John at StevensonTeam.ca (please replace at with @) or call me with any questions you may have. H: (416) 233-8657 M: (416) 845-8657
I look forward to another exciting year and hope to see you this Monday, Sept 11 at 7pm. 76 Anglesey Blvd, Etobicoke (near Islington and Rathburn)
Direct 416.233.8657 Cell 416.845.8657
TIP! To view all my previous Presidents Messages on the HOME WEB PAGE click the BLUE box for President’s Messages – then scroll through ALL my past messages!